net metered system w/generator [RE-wrenches]

Kirk Herander kirk at vtsolar.com
Mon Apr 19 13:01:20 PDT 2004

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6Pibz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Val Rad
>>>This arrangement also allows us a way to sell all the PV power to our
>>>utility when it hits a summer peak on a hot summer day. We just take
>>>our company off grid (run on the generator) and sell power at the
>>>market rate.

I wouldn't think it's cost effective to do that. What is the equivalent cost
of using propane on a small scale to generate power? 30, 40, 50 cents per
kwh maybe, depending on % of generator load, when the solar is displacing
grid power at 10 cents per kwh that time of year? AND you are already
selling all the PV to the grid when connected anyway.

Vermont Solar Engineering
Kirk Herander
North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners
Certified Solar PV Installer(TM)
Xantrex Certified Dealer Charter Member
NYSERDA-eligible installer
Vermont Solar and Wind Partner