Grounded for two weeks...hopefully longer [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty mlafferty at universalenergies.com
Mon Apr 5 13:20:31 PDT 2004

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes – over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caab6aBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ UOP

Brad B Wrote:
> 250.64 refers to the grounding electrode conductor, isn't this
> the conductor from the main panel to the ground rod?

All:

Article 100 has the definition for the Grounding Electrode Conductor.

2002 NEC
Article 100
Grounding Electrode Conductor. The conductor used to connect the grounding
electrode(s) to the equipment grounding conductor, to the grounded
conductor, or to both, at the service, at each building or structure where
supplied from a common service, or at the source of a separately derived
system.

The answer to Brad's question depends on the physical & electrical
relationships between the Equipment Grounding Conductor and the Grounding
Electrode.  If the EGC is run directly to the GE, it becomes a GEC!  Now,
wasn't that simple?  LOL

Penny's Worth,

Matt Lafferty
Universal Energies Institute
mlafferty at universalenergies.com
(916) 422-9772
(916) 628-7694 Cell
(916) 914-2247 Fax
www.universalenergies.com

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab593bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com