Selling back to a diesel mains [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson, Free Power Ltd. freepower at freepower.co.nz
Thu Apr 1 15:03:03 PST 2004

**** Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! ****
Discover Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up
handfuls. It's the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing
desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab593bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

Hi there gang,

I have heard of a system on the Galapagos successfully running Sunnyboys
interactive with a diesel mains.

Has anyone tried this with a Trace SW ??

I am in the design phase of reducing the diesel time on an Island
complex by 50%, the present power drain is about 300 Kw/day.  There are
two diesel generators rated at 80 and 40 kW.  At present the generators
run 10 hours/day and I want to reduce that to 5 hours.

I am looking at various renewable options and would like to avoid a
large battery bank.  One way is to have the inverters in sell mode when
the generator is running to reduce the fuel consumption.

I am looking at wind and hydro power options.

I can dump the excess generation into a 20 cubic metre thermal store
when the generator is off.

So...   Has anyone successfully done a 'sellback' to a diesel with a
Trace in this way ???

Mnay Thanks

Carl Emerson
Great Barrier Island
Near Auckland
New Zealand

p.s.     William,  thanks for the comments on the fluoro's start current.

MORTGAGE / REFINANCE RATES ARE LOW. ACT NOW!
3 Mortgage brokers compete for your business.
Great rates, no obligation, and easy form.
http://click.topica.com/caab6aabz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Insurance4usa.com

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com