double lugging [RE-wrenches]

Kirk Herander, VSE kirk at vtsolar.com
Tue Mar 9 14:58:36 PST 2004

You would have to use a tap connector instead of those lugs, even though the
lugs are doing the same thing. Or install an isolated terminal block,
similar to the neutral, for each AC hot. Anyway, I thought those lugs were
approved under what's called the "tap rule" in the code. PS How come the
inspector opened up the bypass switch? Any inspector I've dealt with
wouldn't be interested in details like that.

Vermont Solar Engineering
Kirk Herander
North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners
Certified Solar PV Installer(TM)
Xantrex Certified Dealer Charter Member
NYSERDA-eligible installer
Vermont Solar and Wind Partner