Architectural bureaucracy [RE-wrenches]

Mo Rousso mrousso at heliopower.com
Mon Mar 8 11:13:55 PST 2004

We recently went through a similar situation here for a downtown office
building in a redevelopment district.  We ended up finding a sympathetic
City Councilman who called the Planning Director into his office for a 3-way
meeting.  We ended up negotiating a conditional use permit that was quite a
bit cheaper and had a faster review process.  Further, the council now has
an ordinance change on its calendar.

You will find that most politicians (council members and planning
commissioners) want to be seen as pro solar.  Its a card worth playing and
doesn't cost you anything but a little time.

Don't forget to invite them to the ribbon cutting press conference!
--
Mo Rousso
President

- - - -