mm 5000 [RE-wrenches]

Rosenfeldt, Marko rosenfeldt at beaconpower.com
Tue Feb 24 12:00:09 PST 2004

Hello Max,
First I would like to address the technical issue you raised.  The scenario you are seeing with the Advanced Energy MM5000 is a fault that causes the inverter portion of the system to turn off.  When this happens, early software versions of the MM5000 did not switch the utility to load or grid-to-load.  The system does come with a built-in bypass function that works in the following manner:

Turn OFF all input breakers:
	Grid
	Inverter / Load
	PV / DC Disconnect
	External Battery Disconnect

Then turn ON only the Grid breaker.

The unit will then be in bypass mode, with critical loads powered by the utility until the MM5000 can be checked out for further action.

If you’d like more Advanced Energy documentation and support docs, you may find them in the Support section of the Beacon Power web page:

http://www.beaconpower.com/support/AdvancedEnergyProducts.htm

As far as your call to our office is concerned, Beacon Power is dedicated to professional customer service, and our intention is that phone calls be returned in a timely fashion.  I apologize if this did not happen in your case.

For installers / owners of AEI MM5000 / MM3000, Beacon is offering a $1000 trade-in rebate.  The rebate will be applied after the purchase of a new Smart Power M5, which comes with a full 5-year warranty.  Please feel free to download details about the rebate as well as a letter that may be presented to your customers from the following webpage:

http://www.beaconpower.com/support/rebate.htm

In the future, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
Marko Rosenfeldt
Service Manager
Beacon Power Corp.