mm 5000 [RE-wrenches]

Nick Nicholas, APS APS at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Tue Feb 24 11:28:59 PST 2004

Hi Max:
    I am faxing a copy of the MM5 manual to you.  Also, if all else fails, I
have software and the communications adapter to monitor the MM5 with a
computer.

            Nick Nicholas
            Chief of Engineering
            Alternative Power Systems, Inc.
            135 Colfax Ave. Grass Valley CA 959545
            530-274-0588 530-274-0589 530-913-5605
            aps at sbcglobal.net alternativepowersystems.com

Add this card to your address book

Alternative Power Systems
www.alternativepowersystems.com
aps at sbcglobal.net
135 Colfax Ave.
Grass Valley, CA 95945
(530) 274-0588 phone
(530) 274-0589 fax
----- Original Message -----
From: "max" <max at seesolar.com>
To: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 7:54 AM
Subject: mm 5000 [RE-wrenches]

I have a customer with a mm 5000 that has died. I had to shut off the system
and bypass the feed to the emergency panel because the inverter would not
pass current through the contactor in the fault mode. The red light is
blinking, upon resetting, the green grid light comes on momentarily and then
the inverter starts blinking red and doesn't pass current through to the
emergency panel. The customer no longer has the manuals for the equipment
and I don't have a copy. All the array voltages and SC currents are as they
should be, and the battery bank appears in good condition - Does anybody
know if Beacon is supporting these machines - they don't return
calls..........Also where can I get a copy of the manual, or schematics???

Max Balchowsky
Solar Electric Energy Systems
100 S. Sunrise Wy #285
Palm Springs, Ca. 92262
Phone - 760-403-6810
Fax     -  760-406-4230

“Building a Lasting Future For the Next Generation”

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com