Watering systems (was Hydrocaps for IBE cells) [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Mon Feb 23 13:59:09 PST 2004

Hi Gary. The April/May issue of Home Power will feature a nice single-point watering system from Battery Filling Systems of the Americas http://www.batteryfillingsystems.com/. While I am not sure I would want to leave the system on all the time (for automatic watering without monitoring), just going out once a month and turning the main valve while standing there watching (and twiddling thumbs) takes minimal effort.

List price is about $16 per cell for a complete system.

They fill the electrolyte to your preset levels, and they also have an indicator button that visibly shows you which cells need filling.

This HP#100 issue should hit the streets in two or three weeks.

Gary Higbee wrote at 01:17 PM 02/23/2004:

>WATERING SYSTEMS were mentioned. Do any of you have hands-on experience with any specific watering systems. I'll be working with a large bank (configured as 2700Ah at 48 volts) of Surrette's largest cells, and would like to offer my client a low-maintenance system IF it makes sense. Would you recommend a watering system? What system? Any particulars to note when installing and using watering systems?

Michael Welch

------------------------
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
                                -John Muir

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com
     Home Power magazine
     www.homepower.com