hybrid grid tie - SMA / OutBack [RE-wrenches]

Nick Nicholas, APS APS at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Thu Feb 12 11:36:08 PST 2004

Hi wrenches:
    I have a Sunny Boy System backfeeding an FX-2024 inverter at a
customer's grid-tied home here in California.  The system has been operating
for over six months, and has worked flawlessly.  We use the FX's voltage
controlled 12V power supply to switch the Sunny Boy off if batteries ever
get too high.  We first tested the system at our store.

            Nick Nicholas
            Chief of Engineering
            Alternative Power Systems, Inc.
            135 Colfax Ave. Grass Valley CA 959545