Voltage limiting w/ C40 [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon Feb 9 19:40:06 PST 2004

I have been following this decoupling issue with interest. This is the first
time I have heard of it. We use quite a few March 809BR/24 pumps as primary
loop and zone pumps with our SETH hydronic system. We have never included
any voltage limiting circuitry and have never observed the voltage
decoupling problem described. We have never cautioned clients about high
battery voltages when running pumps. Is it possible that this is either a)
unique to the 809BR/HS model with its more powerful motor, or b) a rare
fluke?
Allan at PosE