ratcheting cyclometer neutral connection[RE-wrenches]

Kirk Herander, VSE kirk at vtsolar.com
Fri Jan 16 11:00:11 PST 2004

> Specific 4-Jaw Wiring:
>
> Inverter Output "Hot" Leg to Top Left Lug of Meter Socket.
> Sub-Panel "Hot" Feeder Leg to Bottom Left of Meter Socket.
> Main Panel Inverter Breaker "Hot" Leg to Bottom Right of Meter Socket.
> Inverter AC In "Hot" Leg to Top Right of Meter Socket.
>
> Like Doug, I have not tried this personally but believe it will work to
> a suitable degree of accuracy.

Matt, Doug,

This is what I've tried, and can't get it to work. I am using a standard
240/120 cyclonic meter, non-ratcheting. I have wired it as suggested. But
I'm confused about the neutral connection. I have grounded the meter socket
at its neutral/ground lug, and the actual neutral / ground connection is in
the AC load center per code. On the back of this meter is a tab which spans
two terminals. Do I have to connect the ground / neutral lug on one of these
terminals and should the tab be opened?

Thanks for the help,
Kirk

- - - -