Architectural bureaucracy [RE-wrenches]

William Korthof wkorthof at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 10:54:09 PST 2004

<x-flowed>
We just finished getting approval for a front-facing PV installation
that was against the planning department's guidelines. We weren't
able to find any convenient compromise for this particular job
(that would satisfy customer, city, and be viable), so we worked
with the customer and eventually elevated the matter to the planning
department. Based on California law, and the difficulties in alternate-
mounted installation (away from front roof), the commission approved
the project. We really like having those pro-solar laws in CA!

/wk

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com