Sharp SunVista and new panels [RE-wrenches]

Pat Redgate solarpro at aol.com
Sun Jan 4 21:27:14 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/4/2004 10:12:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
clrwater at earthlink.net writes:
So how about a second wave of discussion on actual experience in the
filed with the Sunvista and the practical applicability of the 140/70
panels?

I recently laid out a roof for my first Sharp 140/70's.  The system consists
of three rows of 140's terminating near a valley on the roof of a 4/12 pitch.
The cut of the angle is such the point of the top row 70 is about three
inches from the valley and the lower edge is about one foot away (from memory).  I
have not yet installed the modules, but it does not seem that the rake of the
panels conforms perfectly to the angle of a valley on a 4/12 roof; a real
popular pitch in my area.

Patrick A. Redgate
AMECO
(562) 595-9570