puzzling performance [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Sun Jan 4 21:18:09 PST 2004

Okay Matt,

So SMUD deserves a nod for really turning their program around from a
performance point of view thanks to you and some other good folks. However,
SMUD has received far too much credit for far too little performance in the
past so the bad taste is going to take a long time to wear off in my memory.

I really should categorize them as two different programs OLDSMUD and
NEWSMUD. I am willing to grant that NEWSMUD is doing a much better job and
they do track ongoing performance--so you may now be the best (even though
everyone has been saying your the best for a decade and it wasn't
necessarily true).

Happy New Year and keep it up,

Bill.