PV Powered Inverter Efficiency [RE-wrenches]

Bob Maynard, Energy Outfitters bob at energyoutfitters.com
Mon Dec 20 13:13:03 PST 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacVmibz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Bill,

I think the whole industry will be pleased if the CEC revamps how
ratings are done as long as the procedure makes sense and is fair.  I
doubt many of the existing inverter efficiency numbers will stay the
same.

Efficiency is only a piece of the info that should influence the
purchase decision of an inverter.  Personally I want to base my decision
on annual yield, that's where my return on investment lies.

I disagree with your view that it may not have enough time in the field
to warrant widespread use and the comparison to the previously untried
inverter.  The inverter you're comparing it to was one I had experience
with early on and EO made the decision not to promote it.  Fortunately
we sold less than 12 of them all totaled!

PV Powered has hundreds of machines in the field and thousands of hours
logged.  Its not without warts, but then who has one that is!  10 year
warranty sets the new standard in my book!

Regards,
Bob Maynard

Free Thanksgiving recipes for you
http://click.topica.com/caacZpwbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData