PV Powered Inverter Efficiency [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Fri Dec 17 23:03:19 PST 2004

Claim your fully stuffed Christmas Stocking now
http://click.topica.com/caacVmdbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Bob,

The CEC is completely revamping how the inverter efficiency numbers are
calculated. It is unlikely that the 96% number will stand after that
procedure is used. I have the data that was produced by ETL, but it does not
comply with the accuracy requirements of the new CEC method. It appears to
be a very efficient inverter, but it unlikely be significantly more
efficient than the competing inverters.

Efficiency alone is not a good reason to purchase an inverter. I believe
that PV Powered is committed to building good products for the PV industry,
and goodness knows that we need more U.S. manufacturers, but the current
experience with these inverters is too light to recommend widespread use.
Just think of the last time the PV industry went after an untried
inverter....

Bill.