120 -240 control XFMR [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin solar at ecoisp.com
Wed Dec 15 07:12:43 PST 2004

Attention Women! Win a $50,000 Ultimate Makeover! Become the
newest “Hottie” on the block. Or use the $50,000 how you wish.
Make it yours below!
http://click.topica.com/caacVl6bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Vente

I called Jefferson Electric, one of the suppliers of control current
120/240 VAC transformers, to get more information on why they can't be run
backwards.  Their number is 800-892-3755.  I talked to Janice.

She said the small transformers are "compensation wound."  They will begin
at 10% to 15% under voltage and the voltage will drop continually as the
unit operates.  She could find no information concerning why the voltage
continues to drop.  We speculated that they might heat up, but that is just
speculation.

Additionally, the warranty will be voided if the unit is operated
backwards.  The smallest units they have that can be run bidirectionally
are 2 KVA.

I'd previously contacted ACME Transformer (800-334-5214), and they had also
told me their control current units could not be run backwards.

I'm going to take a different approach for the control issue at hand.

-Drake

Win a Lexus RX330! Class and beauty rolled up in an SUV! Drive
your family this winter in style. Make it yours! Click below and
sign up now!
http://click.topica.com/caacVl3bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Vente

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php