DC to DC converters [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Thu Dec 2 10:25:53 PST 2004

Claim your fully stuffed Christmas Stocking now
http://click.topica.com/caacVmdbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Jeff,

I noticed from their web site that Meanwell makes a line of smaller Mod and
pure sine inverters as well.  Any experience with those units?

Also, is Meanwell pretty easy to deal with in small quantity orders?  I
notice that there's a meanwellusa.com based out of Fremont CA.  Did you
deal with them directly?

Thanks,
John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey, UT

At 10:41 AM 11/30/04 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>My favorite DC>DC product comes from Meanwell.
>
>Ron Corio and Michael Reed turned me on to them as that's who they use for
>their trackers power supplies when not using direct PV power. Ron did
>quite alot of research for a high reliability long life converter for his
>trackers.
>
>The web site is a bit obscure but once you download their .pdfs for each
>product you can see the quality of the product line.  The web site
>is:  http://www.meanwell.com/
>
>I'll send you the pdf for the 350 watt 48 to 24 volt model, Todd offlist.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Jeff C.
>

>>List,
>>
>>I remember a thread (which I cannot seem to find) where someone had
>>found a DC to DC converter (regulator) that was able to take power from
>>48 volt battery systems (60 volt max.) and get it down to a more usable
>>~24 volt range for use in powering a/hr meters, trackers etc.
>>
>>Can someone refresh my memory. Everything in the digikey catalog I can
>>see will not take a 60 VDC input without releasing the smoke.
>Todd
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Jeff Clearwater
>Village Power Design Associates
>Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village
>http://www.villagepower.com
>gosolar at villagepower.com
>
>530-470-9166
>877-SOLARVillage
>877-765-2784
>425 Nimrod St.
>Nevada City, CA 95959

Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon?
Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
http://click.topica.com/caacVmkbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/LeadClick

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com