DC plugs and outlets [RE-wrenches]

Hugh Piggott hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 22:57:40 PST 2004

Attention Women! Win a $50,000 Ultimate Makeover! Become the
newest “Hottie” on the block. Or use the $50,000 how you wish.
Make it yours below!
http://click.topica.com/caacR6Pbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Vente

I can't believe you guys are serious about using AC plugs for DC
appliances.  There are so many ways this can backfire.  The only
system I thought had any merit was one that a neighbour of mine used.
He wired battery negative to the ground pin and both of the others to
positive.  If you plug this into an AC source it blows the protection
and thus gives you something to think about so you don't do it again.

I have never heard of anyone using the live and neutral for positive
and negative without blowing up equipment and feeling stupid later.
--
Hugh
Scoraig Wind Electric

Free CD Player - makes a great stocking stuffer.
http://click.topica.com/caacSnNbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com