Incentives Program Monitoring Question [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Sat Nov 13 13:03:39 PST 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacOlKbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

Matt,

>Several key Technical and, sad to say, Poli-Cultural hurdles exist using
>this method in "the real world of Utilities, Incentives, and REC's".
>Bob-O's message alludes to these when he says, "ASSUMING that the whole
>house is sourced from the inverters. That is mostly not the case, as you
>know."  He did not elaborate (I'm guessing for reasons of brevity and
>possibly so "the cat would stay in the bag") on them however.

Not sure that the heck that means, but...
In all the battery based, grid tied systems that I've don't, there is
a 200A Mains panel chock full of breakers. Some of these go to loads
that should not and (as a rule) cannot be sourced by the inverter(s.)
You could put in a 200A DPDT Xfer switch upstream of the mains and
take your chances overloading the inverters, I suppose, but that's
way spendy and not even close to good design. The usual thing is to
put in a subpanel and break out the doable and critical loads like
lighting, refrigeration, water pumping, communications, etc., and
source those through the inverters.  The A/C, electric stove, dryer,
etc., ain't usually doable and stay in the main panel and on the
grid. While the utility meter sees those loads when buying, the
detented meter on the inverter(s) output will not, hence the
difficulty and the math.
Cat out of the bag now?
Best, bob-O

Free recipes to get you in shape