Firehouse parking overhang PV [RE-wrenches]

Jerry Caldwell solarcowboy at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 13:38:34 PDT 2004

Free recipes to get you in shape
http://click.topica.com/caacNoTbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Wrenches,

We will be intstalling a PV system on a parking shade
structure at a new firehouse.  The array is to be
mounted flat on steel C channel and will be 17' above
the parking lot.  The general contractor doesn't want
us to mount the modules on strut because it's not
consistant with the design, which was done by another
company.

We will be using the holes on the backs of the module
frames to mount to the steel structure.  The modules
will be BP 3160's with mc quick connects and potted
terminals - no jbox.  Does anyone know of a code
violation for having our module interconnects exposed
and not in conduit in this application?  If so, I'd
appreciate ideas to remedy the situation.  I have a
few, but welcome more.

cheers,

=====
Jerry Caldwell
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Light Energy Systems
965 Detroit Ave
Concord, CA 94518

925-680-4343 office
510-205-2798 mobile

Your Neighbors will envy your Garden when you get 100 bulbs on us
http://click.topica.com/caacNoJbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com