Tankless Water Heater Scaling etc. [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Oct 28 16:14:10 PDT 2004

Get 4 Free low-fat, low-carb recipes
http://click.topica.com/caacNoLbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

  Jeez Tom,

  No need to use absolutes here, leave that to the candidates! If you were
to poke around on the net you would find plenty of actual scientific studies
by actual real scientists that claim the contrary - and some that claim the
opposite! LOL.

  One paper entitled "Conditions and mechanisms of the deposition of the
solid calcium carbonate phase from aquaeous solution under the influence of
a magnetic. field" by Martynova and Gusef, USSR, 1967., clearly concludes
that "it" is an actual and measurable phenomena. I gave up on gathering more
titles because they all have titles that put me to sleep.

  Some studies claim that the effect is a result of (temporarily) breaking
the hydrogen bond with a magnetic field, and some claim it only works in
water with a certain abount of Fe in solution. Who the hell knows?

  I kind of like the Iron content theory myself, but the main thing is that
there are bizillions of large (and probably very conservative) water users
around the planet that employ various forms of these Vudu gizmos that find
they do actually do something. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Maybe it's
not. Maybe it has entirely to do with the amount and proportion of the TDS
in the water supply.

  On a believability scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being "you are reading
this", and 1 being "the Red Sox will win the World Series" I'd give it about
75.

  Matt T