Outdoor pipe insulation [RE-wrenches]

Ken Schaal ken at commonwealthsolar.com
Thu Oct 28 14:17:40 PDT 2004

Get your Golden Tee CD ROM on us
http://click.topica.com/caacNoDbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

The elastomerics can be tinted like any acrylic paint. A quart of lamp black
will go a long ways. But it won't last as long as a mastic. Rubatex sold
mastic by the gallon in the 70's and my early customers insulation is still
good today. But 5 gal pails of fibered duct mastic, often gray, is a lot
less expensive. Basically the same material but more of a trowel grade. Put
some in a smaller plastic bucket with a lid and a handle for roof work !

Ken