EZ-fire alternatives? [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Sat Oct 2 12:03:48 PDT 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacHOXbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

Goeff,
Get three 35A Full Wave bridge rectifiers. Heat
sink the crap out of them as Hugh suggests. A
4"x4" sink per rectifier is not too much. Jumper
(solder) across the two ac terminals (marked with
a " ~ ") and connect that to one of your 3ø wires
from the machine. If you are going to have
shorting switch(es), the ac side is where to do
it.
Red wire out of the + terminal, white out of the
- terminal. Parallel all the reds together and
all the whites together.
FUSE!
Done.
Todd's capacitor idea is good. You will use three
on the ac input side. I've got a schematic of how
running around here somewhere. I used 145-174 MFD
220vac jobs on my old Whisper 1000. That old,
bearded, retired, wind god Mick Sagrillo turned
me onto the capacitor thing, lest you think I've
got more brain cells left than there really are.
Good Luck, bob-O

>>  I think I am going to tell them to start
>>over.... but in the meanwhile... has anyone cobbed together diodes for this
>>sort of application?

Get 4 Free low-fat, low-carb recipes
http://click.topica.com/caacHMObz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com