DC Runs in the Attic [RE-wrenches] DC arc fault

Gary Higbee gary at windstreamsolar.com
Sun Sep 19 15:44:50 PDT 2004

Is America Safe? Give your opinion on Homeland Security and enter
to win!
http://click.topica.com/caacERTbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Bob,

No, I'm not kidding about questioning whether DC arc fault detectors could
be important. IF there was such a thing, IF it worked, and most importantly
IF there was a good reason for having it on the roof, that is. The intent of
the post was to throw out ideas and ask questions--to invite dialogue on the
issue

We all want a safe system with no unnecessary doodads. It sounds as though
the '05 provision for running metallic conduit in attics will be a good
solution for now. I hope we're always questioning, though, how we can do
things better--where it makes sense to do so.

Take care,

Gary