[RE-wrenches]

Vince McClellan wrenches at solarenergydesign.com
Sat Sep 18 09:42:28 PDT 2004

Do you live vicariously through Reality TV? Let us know and win!
http://click.topica.com/caacDv1bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Hi Folks
Has anyone out there used a MOV surge protector from an outfit called
Lightning Protection Corporation. I am looking for a good surge
protector for a 12.6KW (STC) grid-tie using 84) Isofoton I-150s, seven
to a series string. About a max of 350 Voc in cold weather. I also need
a good surge protector for the 208 V output of 4) PVPowered PVP2800
inverters.
The part # that Lightning Protection Corp. suggested for the DC side is
Model LPC 11895-400 and on the AC side Model LPC 11765U-13.
 I have heard from several different people that the Delta Protectors
are little or no protection. Basically a jar of sand with two electrodes
in it. I wonder if anyone has done any independent test on different
surge suppressors for the renewable energy industry? I have also heard
that MOVs (metal oxide varistor) can have a short life span if they are
subjected to very many spikes. Any suggestions on a good surge protector
for PV use?
Here is Lightning Protection Corp. link if anyone wants to check it out:
www.lightningprotectioncor.com

Vince McClellan

Energy Design and Lane Community College
Eugene, Oregon

Are Americans getting fat? Give us your opinion and win.
http://click.topica.com/caacDvYbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com