AEI/Beacon M5 Fireworks II [RE-wrenches]

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at Third-Sun.Com
Wed Sep 8 11:11:10 PDT 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacBBEbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

I'm glad my feeling of being "burned" by AEI was not so literal - yikes!

After dealing with many failed GC-1000 units and nice but frustrated tech
support at AEI, one bit of info seems appropriate -  One guy explained that
a lot of the difficulties they had were related to the "contract
manufacturing" that actually put the product together (they subbed it out).
They would have specs for the electronic components, even by manufacturer,
and all of these would have an acceptable "tolerance". He said that while
things would work well on the bench, but as the manufacturing process went
on, some of the boards used different components, and the combination of the
different "range" of different components all added up to funky-ness...

I don't know if this is typical of electronics manufacturing, (or if it was
the excuse of the day), but it would seem like a good basic question (for
Beacon and any manufacturer) how much of the manufacturing/assembly do you
actually do, and how do you address quality control on the rest of it?

Sincerely,

Geoff Greenfield
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer TM
GLREA Certified Photovoltaic Systems Integrator/Installer License Number
0211-01

THIRD SUN SOLAR AND WIND POWER Ltd.
340 West State Street, Unit 25
Athens, OH 45701

Phone (740) 597-3111
Fax   (740) 597-1548

www.third-sun.com

End of RE-wrenches at topica.com digest, issue 1557
---

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caacBBFbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ChildrenInternational

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com