Xantrex response SW+ [RE-wrenches]

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Fri Sep 3 12:17:34 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacBBBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Hi Ray,

The 2548+ is rated to provide the nominal output (120Vac +/- 3%) up to a
load of 2500 VA - with surges substantially above this the voltage will
droop outside the regulation window. Do you know how much current the
Staber was drawing at start up?

Regards,

Mark Edmunds
Xantrex Technology

Solar Ray wrote:

> Hi Mark;
>
> I'm glad to see you on the list. I really never got a response from you
> though on the SW+ voltage sag issue. ( it was a string you may have
> missed
> a couple of weeks ago) I will summarize: basically I and other wrenches
> have noticed SW+ voltage output dipping below 100 vac during inductive
> load
> starting. This is accompanied by the various expected symptoms of a
> brown
> out, i.e. lights flickering , computer UPS beeping on, etc.
> In my case, we have a malfunctioning Staber washing machine that we have
>
> gone through 2 replacement control boards. Staber insists it is a power
> quality issue. I was really fending for the SW+, until I set my Fluke89
> regular minimum capture and found the voltage dropping to 86 vac for
> about
> a tenth of a second, while starting a circular saw. I checked DC wiring
> and
> connections, volt drop between the batteries and inverter, AC wiring
> ,etc.
> I have come to the current conclusion that the new SW+ series allows the
>
> voltage to dip on purpose to achieve its 10,000 watt surge rating. BTW,
> have seen these same symptoms on 3 different units, both the SW2524+,
> and
> the SW2548+.

Save on inkjet and toner, and get free shipping on orders over $50.
http://click.topica.com/caacBBybz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Inksoutlet

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com