Driving up the cost to install PV [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Mon Aug 30 16:58:22 PDT 2004

Save up to 80% on Inkjet & Toner Supplies. 100% Satisfaction
Guarantee. Free Shipping on orders over $49. www.inksoutlet.com
http://click.topica.com/caacAsfbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Inksoutlet

Wrenches,

I need to make a clarification, the information I posted regarding
university employee engineers making presentations to building
inspectors in California was not directed at John Wiles.  John works at
New Mexico State University (NMSU), not the University of New Mexico
(UNM).  I deliberately did not post the name of the engineer mentioned
on the UNM web site.  My message did unfortunately mention both schools.

I have always believed mounts flashed into roofs are preferable, that’s
why I like to get my leads from roofers.  That said, there are many
thousands of fairly new homes all over California with tile roofs and a
requirement to remove the roof for PV attachment unnecessarily drives up
installer costs and increases lost sales.  Although being NABCEP
Certified, this year I have refocused my activities away from PV and
redirected towards solar heating the tens of thousands of swimming pools
in the San Fernando Valley.  No stress, subsidy uncertainties and
certainly much less expensive. I will not be happy if out of state PV
experts convince my local inspectors to have all tile roofs removed to
install solar panels.  I know this has been pissing off PV installers in
other areas of California.

One last point, earlier this year when LADWP's internal audit of
commercial PV installations was presented to the press showing solar
power costs over $.80 kWh, I called John Wiles to see if he could help
out, because he is so highly regarded.  A hereby apologize for
mistakenly implying that John Wiles was involved with problems mentioned
with installers and permits.

Graham

RE-GROW YOUR HAIR STARTING NOW.....Click here for more info!
http://click.topica.com/caacxydbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Medical Hair Restoration

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com