: Solar software question [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Thu Aug 26 08:36:19 PDT 2004

Save up to 80% on Inkjet & Toner Supplies. 100% Satisfaction
Guarantee. Free Shipping on orders over $49. www.inksoutlet.com
http://click.topica.com/caacAsfbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Inksoutlet

Hi Jeff,
The little spreadsheet I have only has an input for the net peak watts
of your system, it then allows you to select several american cities for
sunniness data, tilt and rotate a proposed array and see the output
month by hour, month, annual, and includes pg&e time of use metering
display.  The results match monitoring +- 10%.  You can download the
spreadsheet at  http://www.dcn.davis.ca.us/go/deant/EnergyCalc.xlt.

cul  deant

Jeff Yago wrote:

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Save up to 80% on Inkjet & Toner Supplies. 100% Satisfaction
>Guarantee. Free Shipping on orders over $49. www.inksoutlet.com
>http://click.topica.com/caacAsfbz8QcsbdulIia/Inksoutlet
>
>I know we have discussed a few times over the years, but thought
>something is new out there.  There have been several recent posts
>about some problems with solar sizing software and solar sizing
>spreadsheets.  I have several programs that we purchased about 3 years
>ago, but am not very pleased with them.
>
>Is there any software program (for windows) that has been out there
>long enough that you have a good feeling on its accuracy?  I just want
>the basic pv system performance estimating information and ability to
>do "what if" changes to battery and array size, without spending all
>day entering numbers.  What program have you found that predicted
>close to what your system actually did?
>
>Source and Price?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff Yago
>

>WWJV Internet Filtering - www.wwjv.net - $3.99
>
>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Stories from the Civil Rights Movement. Extraordinary stories,
>ordinary people. Share your memories today!
>http://click.topica.com/caacvglbz8QcsbdulIif/AARP
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

*Quantum Energy Group*
/Your renewable energy systems integrator.../

*www.quantumcenergy.com* <http://http://mjdsolar.com/>
www.talbottsolar.com <javascript:NEWPAGE()>
	Dean T. Newberry
Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let
YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
http://click.topica.com/caacxycbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MyOnlinePayday

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com