SW+ Voltage Sag [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Aug 16 10:13:47 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacvgtbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Hi Matt;

The manual says 2/0 to 5 ft,  4/0 to 10 ft.  I'm cheating by a foot or two.
The 175 A at 24 VDC draw is 0.1 second peak from the circular saw; it is
not anything close to continuous run amps. Battery bank is 8  L-16s. DC
voltage at rest is 24.6v, surge drops the voltage to 23.2. Again, that is a
0.1 sec minimum. I have always noticed batteries pull down like that for a
second on start up surges.
I'm going to change the cable to 4/0, but I don't think that is going to
fix it. I have a few of these SW + inverters installed with similar
complaints of lights flickering, etc when an inductive load comes on. They
all have 4/0 cable BTW.

Ray

ray at solarray.com
President, SolarRay, Inc.
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
BS Mechanical Engineering, UT Austin 88
Returned US Peace Corps Volunteer

Shop online for Discount Auto Parts: Mirrors Headlights Tail
Lights Bumpers Fenders Window Regulators Spoilers Altezza Lights
and a Full Line of Auto Body Parts. www.partstrain.com
http://click.topica.com/caacxygbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Parts Train

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm