pre-engineered ground racks [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Sat Jul 24 13:21:59 PDT 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgjbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

Hi Jerry, I make racks from Kee Klamp fittings on Standard galvanized
schedule 40 steel pipe. I use their formulas and submit the complete
engineering manual with the plan. It works for me.

cul  deant

Jerry Caldwell wrote:

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Amazing Diet Patch
>The fastest - Easiest way to lose weight! Try it now FREE!
>http://click.topica.com/caacoW6bz8QcsbdulIia/MyDietPatches
>
>Thanks for the input Marco, Graham, William & Jeff,
>
>This is going to be a 12kW system on the side of a
>hill that changes slope in the middle of the array
>which I want to remain in one plane.  The lower part
>of the hill is steeper at about 30 degrees and the
>upper part is less steep at about 15 degrees.
>
>I can separate the arry on two racks so that about 3kW
>will be on the 15 degree part of the hill, but the
>rest will have to be over the area where the hill
>changes grade.
>
>I agree that the Pro Solar and DPW products look
>easier and simpler than Unirac, but the Unirac large
>array product looks stronger with the larger pipe &
>cross bracing.  I've also gotten grief from plan check
>engineers at local municipalities in the past and have
>had to over engineer systems on hillsides to
>ridiculous extremes (3'diameter, 10' deep piers for
>top of pole mounts).  Here in Northern California
>there are concerns with erosion and mudslides.  I'm
>hoping a manufacturer's product which has been stamped
>by a licensed engineer for this application will be
>more readily accepted to be installed to the
>manufacturer's recomendations.
>
>Jerry
>
>--- "Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options"
><jeff at globalresourceoptions.com> wrote:
>

>>Jerry,
>>
>>In your area of the country, you can use the PSP. In
>>snowy areas (or any
>>area you want to elevate the area above the ground
>>by a couple feet or
>>more in the front) you need to use the UniRac ULA
>>system with 2" pipe.
>>From what I know, both systems work fine, just that
>>2" pipe lets you
>>have a longer pipe sticking out of the ground,
>>whereas 1 1/4" pipe does
>>not have enough bending strength to take the longer
>>lengths.
>>
>>Jeff
>>Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
>>NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer(tm)
>>Global Resource Options, LLP, Solar  Wind  Energy
>>Solutions
>>A Woman-Owned Limited Liability Partnership
>>601 Old River Road, Suite 3, White River Junction,
>>VT 05001-9030

*Quantum Energy Group*
/Your renewable energy systems integrator.../

*www.quantumcenergy.com* <http://http://mjdsolar.com/>
www.talbottsolar.com <javascript:NEWPAGE()>
	Dean T. Newberry
Amazing Diet Patch