AC or DC Shock: Which is worse? OUCH! [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 19:21:32 PDT 2004

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgdbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/411Web

HI
In the early days of the electric chair, Edison called
AC the killer, because the AC nature effects the
heart.  The Nazi's killed with both and found that
women died easier than men, and AC 50 Hz was a factor
of at least 3 lower current to cause death.
LD 50 for women was 40 milliamps I believe.

Lightening does what it wants.  I lost two friends
from lightening, neither was struck, but only standing
near where the strike occurred.  Both were knocked
unconous, and died due to asphixiation.

I got hold of 120 AC once and passed out unable to
reliese my grip.  I only survived by collasping, and
falling to the ground forcing my release. I also got
bit from about 500 volts DC on a solar array hurt
like, but I only touched did not grab.  Don't try
this.
Thanks Daryl
--- Bill Brooks <billb at endecon.com> wrote:
> James,
>
> I'm not sure that the on-off nature of ac allows you
> to let go. I think it
> paralyzes the nerve response in your muscles. It is
> far too fast to give you
> the opportunity to say "I think I'll let go now".
>
> Bill.

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgjbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/OmahaSteaks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm