wind issues [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at cheqnet.net
Fri Jul 2 10:10:56 PDT 2004

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgdbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/411Web

Matt Tritt wrote:

I think that the only fair measure of performance is actual windspeed in
and
actual power out to a battery or point of grid inter-connection. This
should
apply to PV as well.

Hey Matt and all,

While I think this is a very important issue, it is also way complex.
For instance, I would imagine there may be different interactions
between a grid-tied wind generator and a battery based one, and in a
battery based system there may exist variations due to state-of-charge,
general condition and size of the battery, as well as load diversion
complexities.  Ambient air temperature is another biggie.  Plus each
site comes with its own topographical situations that can have a big
impact on such comparisons.

I'm thinking the machines would need to be set up at the exact same site
and under the exact same conditions to get any truly valuable
comparisons.

Kurt Nelson

Get a FREE Mortgage Quote from Mortgage War. Simple application
for mortgage information. If you're ready to get a quote click
now!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgibz8Qcsbz9JC9f/411Web

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm