wind issues/ Bergey [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, DragonSun Consulting ezra at lasqueti.net
Thu Jul 1 06:58:42 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacoW6bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Hi all,

The trick will be for the collective 'us' to develop and agree on the test
protocols and proccedures which will be used to provide independent a test
reports.  The 'us' is pretty wide spread and encompasses groups as diverse
as government, consumers and installers.  The actual manufacturers are, by
proper necessity, a pretty big part ot the 'us' as well.

Having worked on the collabarative process which created the NABCEP PV
Installer Certification and standards I can only gape with awe at the scope
of creating  fair, transparent, and reasonable cost test protocols for the
disparate array of renewable energy equipment we work with.

I suppose this sort of thing needs to start somewhere, the old adage of "do
it before it gets done to you" might well apply to equipment performance
standards.  What sort of things would Wrenches want to see as common,
consumer comparable, test results?

One thing I'm sure of is that any type of required equipment testing must
be of reasonable cost to the manufacturer and duplicable at a wide range of
'registered' test facilities.  I don't think that another round of
expensive tests supported by a beaurocracy is any way to encourage product
development.  From my perspective I'd like to see manufacturers 'self-test
and certify' to widely agreed upon and published standards.

Cheers,

Ezra Auerbach
DragonSun Consulting
Lasqueti Island, B.C. V0R 2J0