small diesel generator [RE-wrenches]

Tom Lane, Energy Conservation Services tom at ecs-solar.com
Mon Jun 21 04:57:33 PDT 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caaclxSbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

What you don't seem to get is that the D.C. generator could work without
batteries with a direct attachment to the positive and negative cables from
the inverter.  Most of the time, the D.C. generator is working, is when
there is a need for power AND the D.C. power will pass straight through the
inverter at the efficiency of the inverter.  ONLY the power that is not
being used by the inverter is going into the batteries.  The D.C.
generators' efficiency is much higher than the A.C.  The inverter's
efficiency in taking the direct DC power and delivering  it though the
inverter to the load is far more efficient than going through a battery
charger in the inverter. This combined with the AC generator's 50 to 60%
efficiency is the difference.  There seems to be an assumption that the DC
power is not delivered directly through the inverter, but has to go into the
battery bank first.