South or West for TOU (quantified) [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Jun 15 10:08:09 PDT 2004

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ExpertCity

When using TOU metering and a ground mount, we always try for SSW @ 35
degrees. We find that this makes a big difference in net energy savings for
our Ag. Customers when we can convince them to do irrigation at night or
early morning.

On another note, we just got an article from a German energy on-line
magazine describing China's implementation of the German model for solar and
wind energy policy. WOW! My first reaction was to imagine that every solar
chip in creation would go to China (those that haven't gone to Germany,
Spain and Italy, that is); but after calming down a bit I believe that this
might actually spur the Chinese to produce highly efficient modules of their
own, which in turn may eventually find their way to this market and possibly
bring the cost of solar down a bit. Hope springs eternal.

Matt T