12v dc timer [RE-wrenches]

Ron Schroeder wd8cdh at optonline.net
Wed May 19 10:53:35 PDT 2004

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caaccMMbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Sharebuilder

Kurt Albershardt wrote:

> While we're at it, I've been looking for a DC sidereal clock/timer for
> several years now--ever since working with the Honeywell TotalHome
> automation systems (which included one.)  It's really nice telling your
> timer "one hour after sunset" and having it work all year, irrespective
> of clouds, storms, etc.

Hi Kurt,

A sidereal timer won't do that.  It will roll over once about every 23
Hours, 56 minutes and 4.09056 seconds and will be off by about 24 hours
by the end of the year.  You really need a 24 hour clock with a lookup
table for sunset at your latitude.  You could do it with a low powered
PC.

Ron Schroeder
EES
WD8CDH
Brookhaven National Lab

Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift? Discover
Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's
the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy
customized with your corporate image!
http://click.topica.com/caaceBcbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm