Mounting boxes on large poles [RE-wrenches]

Mo Rousso mrousso at heliopower.com
Sun May 2 16:36:50 PDT 2004

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caaccM4bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Children's Int'l

Jeff C,

The powder charges are not very expensive.  This is from memory since I'm
not at the shop today to look at stuff.

I believe the manufacturer is Ramset.  You can get simple manual "guns" at
Ace and Home Depot for under $40.  There are a variety of powder charged
fasteners available, including threaded studs.  The studs are made from
standard carbon steel and if exposed to the elements, I imagine that they
would rust over time.  It is important to use the right charge for the job
and to ensure the "gun" is square with the mounting surface before firing.
I have never had a stud go in too far, but I have had a few in the inaugural
days of the tool that did not go in far enough.  With a little practice, you
can get consistent stud placement in a few seconds time -- very fast and
convenient.
--
Mo Rousso
President

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes – over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaccMPbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ UOP

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com