Outback Inverters - Master / Slaving [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Apr 13 22:46:43 PDT 2004

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab7pJbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

It should be a great relief to Christopher that our errant quad stack is
up and running at last. The repairs all worked as hoped thanks to the
quick response and shipment of replacement parts, not to mention all the
direction from John and Greg.

There are two minor things that came to light (ha ha): When the
generator powers down, there is a very noticeable transfer time (with
flickering) before the inverters take over. This was what was happening
when the inverter failed to begin with so we were a bit nervous during
testing. The other thing has to do with the MX 60 apparently being
involved with some comm. error messages and other problems with some
programming of the inverters. All problems vanished when we disconnected
the controller from the hub. Therefore, we are leaving it disconnected
since the two displays (Mate and MS60) are adjacent anyway. We also
noted that the MS60 works fine with the hub and Mate when the inverters
aren't connected to the hub.

I'm glad (in a masochistic way) that we had this weird stuff happen
where and when it did since we now know the system inside and out and
have memorized the programming quite well. This is good since I have an
8-stack on the horizon and also want to use pairs of 3648's for our
off-grid (and maybe grid-connected) 6 kW Eoltec windturbines (and the
Bornay 3 kW units).

Many thanks to Outback again for all their help! I feel that any wrench
should feel comfortable in working with their equipment and their
technical service.

Matt T