Cooling 8 Sunny Boys [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 7 11:17:22 PDT 2004

Sign up to get FREE information from leading colleges!
Compare degrees, admissions, financial aid and more.
Study your career education options at
Collegeinformation.info.
http://click.topica.com/caab6aibz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ College Info

Hi John,

Thanks for the tips.  I like the PV approach for sure.  But both that
and the grid power supply on timer and ambient temp thermostat
approach will give a lot of unnecessary run time on the fans.   Since
this is a tracking system, I get alot of cool spring/fall days with
full power - so the ambient thermostat is not very sensitive to the
need (and I get alot of hot hazy days at half power where it comes on
unnecessarily)

I'd still like to do it with a heat sink mountable thermostat that
could handle the 1 amp 120VAC power supply input or the 12 V PV input
to all fans (6 amps DC).  Any ideas on that?  What's the one used in
the Sunny Breeze rated at amperage wise?

Thanks,

Jeff

jeffc at villagepower.com
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Office:  (413) 256-6777,  Cell: (720)480-8455
Fax:  (413) 825-0372
61 Baker Road
Shutesbury, MA 01072;
PO Box 115
Boonville, CA  95415
(877) 765-2784

Council Member - Ecovillage Network of the Americas - http://www.ecovillage.org
Advisory Board - Living Routes - Ecovillage Education -
http://www.livingroutes.org
Founder:  Ecovillage Research, Development, and Demonstration Program:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~clrwater/RDD/rdd.html

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes – over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caab6aBbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ UOP

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com