inverter shoot-out at high noon [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Fri Mar 26 17:12:32 PST 2004

**** Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! ****
Discover Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up
handfuls. It's the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing
desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab4CEbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

Bill,

Seems to me each individual PV installation has so many site-specific
variables that it would be difficult to construct a perfect protocol for
judging and pre-judging PV systems and components for losses and
inefficiencies.  This testing needs to be done and it will be
challenging. The auto industry struggled with this issue decades ago
when establishing a benchmark for predicting vehicle MPG.  The auto
industry developed a standard using dynamometers.  Automobiles were
placed on a dyno, run the engine, spin the wheels and count the MPG.
Well, this did not take into account hills, aerodynamics and other
losses.  Customers were often displeased when actual MPG was
significantly lower than projected. Industry standard test tracks had to
be designed upon which automobiles ran through their paces.  The result
was sleeker more efficient vehicles from manufacturers who marketed the
increased MPG their vehicles could provide, when compared to
competition.  Optimum performance seems to be the direction the PV
industry is moving and I applaud and congratulate you for your efforts
in overseeing and helping drive this momentum. That said I believe a
number of utilities have been collecting and analyzing installed PV data
and I don’t completely understand why they are so loath to share it.
The solar industry is hungry for this data and it needs to be digested.
This data is our industries equivalent of a test track.  Hopefully,
eventually this utility collected data can be combined with data from
your testing protocols and will allow for the most accurate and
comprehensive means of simulating performance including new products
introduced to the PV market.  Thanks again.

Graham Owen
GO Solar Company

Are you looking for savings on products you use everyday?
Visit Quality Health today and see the coupons, free
samples and special offers our members enjoy each and
everyday.
http://click.topica.com/caab3ozbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Ivo Interactive

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm