Adding MX60 to Power Panel [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Sun Mar 14 16:49:49 PST 2004

Ken and Chris,

When the power panel comes from the factory with a C40 installed, the
positive on the C40 is wired with a ring terminal onto the bolt that
holds the lug onto the 250A breaker (on the side toward the inverter).
This is a nice place to bring it into, but is truly a pain to retrofit.
Unfortunately, your choice is to connect it there, or connect straight
onto the battery (through appropriate fusing). What we do is usually
provide a Buss terminal block connected to the DC positive in this way,
as a simple way to add in the other DC loads, such as batter vent fans
and meters that seem to be on every system. Basically, we're making a
shielded positive bus.

It will take you about an hour to unattach and reattach, so as retrofits
go, not too bad. Not like simply tagging onto a positive buss, but hey,
they did not buy that in the beginning.

Jeff Wolfe
Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer(tm)
Global Resource Options, LLP, Solar  Wind  Energy Solutions
A Woman-Owned Limited Liability Partnership
601 Old River Road, Suite 3, White River Junction, VT 05001-9030
800-374-4494 x107 Toll Free     802-295-4415 x107 Phone
802-295-4417 Fax
Jeff at GlobalResourceOptions.com <mailto:Jeff at GlobalResourceOptions.com> ,
www.GlobalResourceOptions.com

Distributor for:
BP Solar - photovoltaic panels
SMA - Inverters
UniRac - PV racking systems
Outback Power - Battery based inverters and controllers
Xantrex - Inverters
Rolls - Batteries
Concorde - Sealed Batteries
Other fine products for renewable energy