Interconnection info request [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at wwjv.net
Thu Mar 11 06:03:25 PST 2004

P.S. to Allan -

I forgot to mention that an engineers professional license is good
only for that state, and the engineer is required to either go through
the licensing process and pay the yearly fees for each state they
practice in, or pay a one time fee and request a waiver from the
engineering licensing board for a "one time" project in  a state they
are not licensed in.

I went through this for a solar project in Maryland for a large solar
manufacturer I shall not name, who wanted me to "stamp" a design for a
solar power system they were installing to power their PV
manufacturing plant.  I was licensed in four states, but not Maryland.
This was several years ago and at that time they could not find ANY
professional engineer who would agree to do this as none of them knew
anything about large PV array systems, and did not feel comfortable
getting involved.

I know the west coast has more solar than the east coast, but I bet
you will still have a hard time finding an engineer who will agree to
"stamp" your design who is also licensed in your state.

Jeff Yago, P.E., CEM
Dunimis Technology Inc.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com