phone scam questions [RE-wrenches]

marco mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Tue Mar 2 18:50:56 PST 2004

William,

Don't do it.  Even if the CC checks out OK, you ship the modules and three
weeks later hear from MasterCard or Visa that it was a stolen
card/fraudulent card, etc. and that you're not going to get to keep the
amount charged.  Having also been hit on twice by individuals in The Gambia,
I decided that the ONLY safe way of making such a sale is to get a certified
or cashier's check for payment in full plus shipping from the customer
before anything leaves your facility, wait for the check to clear (your bank
isn't going to credit your account until they're sure they'll get their
money) and then send the panels off to the Dark Continent.  Otherwise, I
don't believe that it's worth it.  Once I reply to these characters: hey,
why don't you get your modules from someone closer?  I never hear from them
again.

marco
proVision technologies