SW5548 interference again [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Thu Feb 26 10:33:10 PST 2004

Greetings Keith,

Have you scoped the outputs of the inverters.  While such problems are
occasionally reported with the SWs, you also may have lost a stage in
one of the units which results in a much more square wave output.  I had
a similar scenario and it turned out to be nothing more than the fact
that during assembly, someone had not adequately tightened a connection
to one of the three transformers and it failed.  If one of the SW's has
a similar problem, it will also not deliver as high a charging current
to the batteries.

As mentioned in the past, you can also do a rough test for this with a
digital meter that is not true RMS.  If it is sine wave, it should read
about 120vac, if it is modified square wave, it will read less on the
non RMS meter, perhaps as low as 95 volts.

Kurt Nelson