Hydrocaps for IBE cells [RE-wrenches]

Tom Lane, Energy Conservation Services tom at ecs-solar.com
Mon Feb 23 07:57:56 PST 2004

What is a HydroCap?? All it is - is 2 pieces of carbon with a platinum
screen glued between the 2 pieces of carbon or sandwiched between the carbon
blocks is the platinum screen.  Anybody who barbeques with charcoal
briquettes can easily understand what happens to the carbon block over time
or during an intensive equalization from an inverter.  You can turn a carbon
block to charcoal dust in a HydroCap easily with an equalization charge.
Over time it will turn to charcoal dust anyway.  Break one open and you will
see what I am talking about- this is no mystery as to what is in a HydroCap.

Gator Tom