Inverter Monitoring & Canceling Meter Legs [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Mon Feb 16 21:10:34 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----

The funny part is that with the terminals on the back isolated (jumper
bar removed) and the terminal connected to neutral - the meter measured
exactly 1/2 of the power produced.

Greetings Christopher and all,

I also buy meters from Hialeah (ref Doug Pratt's post) and I had a
similar experience when wiring the meter for 120vac.  I spoke with
someone at Hialeah and they said something like "yup, you need 120vac
meters, not those designed for 240".  They sent me several (well under
20 bucks each) and they seem to work fine.

While I have installed two meters for a system who's owner wanted lots
of "data", the single meter method Doug mentioned sounds pretty slick.

Kurt Nelson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm