hybrid grid tie [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Tue Feb 10 16:25:09 PST 2004

Hi gang. See page 131 of Home Power #94 for an ad for this unit in kit form from down under. (At least I think it is the same thing.)

Alternative Technology Association
http://www.ata.org.au/

BTW, these folks also put out a dynamite RE magazine.

Marco wrote at 10:59 AM 02/10/2004:

>A number of years ago I purchased a device called a "Solar Maximizer" from a
>company in Australia, AES or AEI, I think.  This device, which is still
>functioning down in a jungle here in Hawai'i, was essentially a step-down
>DC-DC transformer.  This allowed me to wire the PV array at a much higher
>voltage in order to minimize voltage drop in a long wiring run.  Anyone know
>whether these gizmos are still available and from whom?  If they were, this
>would be a good fix for Keith's quandry.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment."
			Resident George "Dubya" Bush

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com
     Home Power magazine
     www.homepower.com