GT with Batteries (was SW Plus) [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon Feb 9 18:00:48 PST 2004

Joel,
Sorry, but I never found the pre-GTI SW series to be especially good for
grid-tied. We had one client whose array was small enough (1,200W) that we
suggested that he only sell in summer, as the lack of silent sell meant that
in the winter, keeping the inverter in SELL meant a net deficit over running
LBX or FLT. Different markets, different clients, different systems.

Once we became aware that better inverters were in the pipeline (Outback and
Sunny Island) we recommended to our clients to either stay batteryless or
wait for a year for better options. We told more than one Sunnyboy client
that within 1-3 years there would be more and better choices than what are
currently available, and they were content with that as a long-term
solution, with a batteryless system installed now.

Allan @+E